Template errors

• Template public:thread_view: Accessed unknown getter 'censorship_disabled' on XF:Forum[20] (src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php:178)
  • Template public:thread_view: Accessed unknown getter 'censorship_disabled' on XF:Forum[20] (src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php:178)
  • Template public:_ads: Accessed unknown getter 'censorship_disabled' on XF:Forum[20] (src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php:178)
  • Template public:_ads: Accessed unknown getter 'censorship_disabled' on XF:Forum[20] (src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php:178)
  • Template public:_widget_NN_sidebar_banner_1: Accessed unknown getter 'censorship_disabled' on XF:Forum[20] (src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php:178)

Day in the life of an observer

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
It used to be said that it didn’t really qualify you for much on Civvy Street ( as opposed to Pilot) however I know quite a few who re-catted as civvy pilot’s.
It's an interesting issue when one considers most people are looking for transferable skills but I guess that depends on time served, rank attained and managerial experience also. Not many military pilots continue to fly within the service beyond the rank of Lt Cdr.

Life after being an observer!!! Not heard of any becoming pilots. I’m only in touch with three. One disabled following a crash. One is retired living in Bermuda. The last entered the diplomatic service.
So i guess they fell back on their managerial /desk skills.

Jim W. BA747400 training Captain retired. And I can think of at least 4 others who became pilots after leaving the service, not necessarily all in BA. And a couple of Lt SL (X) F (qualified as both P and O) . To reply to the original question, and ignoring the thread drift towards a career as a pilot, it’s a demanding, cerebral job. Very hard to pass the course, however rewarding as any the FAA has to offer. And well suited to transfer those skills to ship command if that’s what you’re after, or an executive role in civvy street. Pilots in the main tend to stay as pilots. It’s all we know. ( and we’re crap as chefs.. leave that to the experts. )
All the best with whatever you choose.